Martyn Hilbert's Railway Photography

Accueil > BR Blues

Albums

IMG_0099_28Large29~0.jpg
307 photos, la dernière a été ajoutée le 10 Décembre 2015
1 albums sur 1 page (s)

Photos aléatoires - BR Blues

IMG_0001_28800x53329~0.jpg
76001 at Torside.vu 9 foisPioneer production series Class 76, 76001 passes Torside in the Longdendale Valley, as it climbs up towards Woodhead with a train of vacuum fitted 21Ton Coal Hoppers in August 1977. Built in 1950 at Gorton Works, numbered 26001, the locomotive was sent to Ilford for trials, before operating on the first electrified section of the Manchester-Sheffield line that was energised in 1952. 76001 was withdrawn from service in November 1980, Eight months before closure of the line in July 1981.
IMG_0018_28Custom29~0.jpg
31124 at Reading.vu 8 fois31124 digs in at Reading as its heads a lengthy train of empty newspaper vans bound for Old Oak Common in June 1979.
IMG_0096_28Custom29~0.jpg
50046 at Cockwood Harbour.vu 2 foisLow tide at Cockwood Harbour on the Exe Estuary on the 29th May 1989, as Class 50, 50046 -'Ajax' plods westwards in the evening light, having come to the rescue of an errant HST. The 50 would be returning the HST to Laira Depot for attention.
IMG_0049_28Custom29~1.jpg
Class 104, M50453 at Blaenau Ffestiniog.vu 3 foisClass 104, M50453 stands at Blaenau Ffestiniog after arrival with an excursion from East Lancashire on May 25th 1978. The 9-Car formation has been moved out of the platform road to enable the service train from Llandudno Junction to use the station.
It was to be another 4 years before the narrow gauge Ffestiniog Railway made a triumphal return to the town and sharing a new joint station with BR, enabling the former LNWR Station seen here to be closed.

IMG_0077_28Custom29~2.jpg
76057 at Reddish Electric Depot.vu 2 foisClass 76 Tommies bite the dust at Reddish Electric Depot in August 1980. As the Woodhead route traffic contracted, Surplus Vacuum Braked only locos were stored around the back of the depot keeping company with Class 25, 25199. 76057 had been withdrawn from service in 1977. 12 of the 14 steam heat fitted Tommies used on Manchester-Sheffield passenger workings had classical Greek names. As E26057 the loco carried the name 'Ulysses' from 1960 to 1970. The loco was scrapped at Reddish in 1983.
IMG_0074_28Custom29~2.jpg
40093 at Reddish Electric Depot.vu 2 fois40093 keeps company with 76024, under the wires at Reddish Electric Depot on August 31st 1980. New in 1960, 40093 was withdrawn from service in December 1983 following power unit damage, and was scrapped at Doncaster Works in May 1984.
IMG_0080_28Custom29~0.jpg
40032 arrives at York.vu 3 foisClass 40, 40032 arrives at York with a Newcastle to London Kings Cross relief service formed of Mark 1 stock on September 15th 1978.
The loco emerged new from Vulcan Foundry in September 1959 numbered D232. It was named 'Empress of Canada' in April 1961. By the time this picture was taken in 1978 the nameplates had been removed and the position was marked on the bodyside by protruding bolt heads. 40032 was withdrawn from service in February 1981 and was scrapped at Swindon in 1983.
IMG_0048_28Custom29~1.jpg
Class 116 DMU at Kentish Town.vu 1 foisMinus its centre trailer, a reformed 2-Car Class 116 Derby Suburban DMU, formed of cars M50054 & M50075 stand at a very dilapidated looking Kentish Town after arrival from Barking on September 20th 1980. The Assembly House public house dominates the skyline here.

Derniers ajouts - BR Blues

IMG_0099_28Large29~0.jpg
37013 at Farington Curve Junction.vu 0 fois37013 trundles along the Up Slow as it approaches Farington Curve Junction whilst working the Saturday only Blackpool North to Sheffield formed of Mark 1 stock on August 13th 1983. This was a time-honoured Summer service that ran out and back on a Saturday running via East Lancashire and Copy Pit.
10 Décembre 2015
IMG_0046_28Large29.jpg
08954 at Plymouth.vu 2 foisWith the roof tops of Plymouth as a backdrop, 08954 was shunting parcel and mail vans at Plymouth station on July 26th 1980. This was a time-honoured scene at all major stations - now sadly consigned to history. The 08 was new from Darington Works in October 1962 numbered D4184, its first home was at Ebbw Junction (86A) and it was tranferred to Laira (84A) in May 1971.07 Novembre 2015
IMG_0044_28Large29.jpg
47033 arrives at Dawlish.vu 1 fois47033 and its 6-coach train of Mark 1 coaches has emerged from Kennaway Tunnel and is running alongside a busy looking Marine Parade, as it arrives at Dawlish whilst working a Paignton to Exeter St Davids local stopping service on April 8th 1980.07 Novembre 2015
IMG_0053_28Large29.jpg
Class 45 45005 passes Dawlish Warren.vu 2 foisOn a rather overcast 8th April 1980, 45005 accelerates a lengthy NE/SW service made up of MkI stock on the Down through road at Dawlish Warren. With mechanical signalling and plenty of loco-hauled trains - Happy Days!02 Octobre 2015

IMG_0022_28Large29.jpg
Class 25, 25221 at Wigan Springs Branch.vu 3 foisWithdrawn Class 25 25221 pokes out from under Warrington Road bridge at the side of Wigan Springs Branch Depot on June 30th 1984. 25221 was originally D7571, built at Derby Works in 1963, it was withdrawn in January 1984 and after lanquishing for a while at Wigan, was scrapped at Swindon Works in 1986.08 Mars 2015
IMG_0101_28Large29.jpg
08457 at Rugby.vu 1 foisOn a damp May 17th 1981, 08457 spends Sunday Afternoon sheltering in one of the bay platforms under the LNWR overall roof at Rugby.08 Mars 2015
IMG_0002_28Large29.jpg
Class 40, 40082 at Northwich Depot.vu 6 foisOn a damp 9th September 1984, 40082 was stabled outside Northwich Depot between duties. The loco was new from Vulcan Foundry at Newton-Le-Willows in June 1960 as D282. Its first allocation was at York (50A). It spent 13 years as an Eastern Region machine before being transferred to the London Midland Region in 1973. 40082 was withdrawn from service due to power unit damage in November 1984 and was scrapped at Crewe Works in January 1986.
01 Mars 2015
IMG_0138_28Custom29.jpg
Class 306 EMUs at Leicester (GC).vu 2 foisDating from 1949, former Liverpool St-Shenfield Class 306 EMUs, 055, 033, 083 & 078 wait at the entrance to Vic Berrys Scrapyard at Leicester on July 19th 1982. The location is adjacent to the former Great Central Main Line, that last saw a passenger train in 1969 when the DMU service between Rugby and Nottingham was withdrawn. Upperton Road bridge that once spanned the extensive trackwork at this location, was demolished in 2007 - yet another bit of the infrastructure of the old GC Main Line lost forever.13 Février 2015

Choisissez votre langue: