Martyn Hilbert's Railway Photography

Inicio > BR Blues

Albums

IMG_0099_28Large29~0.jpg
307 imagens, último envio 10 Dez, 2015
1 álbuns em 1 página(s)

Imagens Aleatórias - BR Blues

IMG_0072_28800x58529.jpg
Cravens Class 105 M50784 at Morecambe Promenade.5 visualizaçõesIn the 1970s a ride on one of these was something to be avoided, rattles, the smell of diesel, and noise from the underfloor engines all adding to the experience. Now 30 years on, having suffered Class 142s, a ride on a Cravens DMU would be quite luxurious. On May 6th 1979, M50784 was at Morecambe Promenade Station with a departure to Preston. The former Midland Railway Station here, was closed in 1994, despite its Seafront location. The 'new' Morecambe Station is now sited nearer the town centre.
IMG_0011_28800x52029.jpg
Class 108, M54253 at Parbold.5 visualizaçõesA 2-Car Class 108 DMU, with M54253 at the rear, was on a Southport to Wigan Wallgate Service at Parbold on the 13th September 1986.
IMG_0089_28Custom29~1.jpg
Class 127 DMU M51636 at St Pancras.4 visualizaçõesAll change at London St Pancras in April 1980. A service from Bedford has arrived formed of two, 8-Car Class 127 'Red Triangle' DMU sets, with Driving Motor Brake Second, M51636 bringing up the rear complete with an oil tail lamp. St Pancras was undergoing a major upheaval in readiness for the forthcoming Bed-Pan Electrification Scheme which would see the end of the 1959 Derby built Diesel Hydraulic DMUs in favour of new Class 317 EMUs.
IMG_0083_28Custom29.jpg
Class 76, 76009 at Reddish Electric Depot.3 visualizaçõesWith just five days to go before the Woodhead Route closed, it was business as normal at Reddish Electric Depot, on Sunday 12th July 1981. 76009 was stabled on the South side of the depot, Pantographs raised and powered up.
76009 emerged from Gorton Works as 26009 in March 1951, it lasted in traffic until the Woodhead Route closed, and was eventually scrapped in 1983.

IMG_0085_28Custom29~1.jpg
08916 & 08917 at Allerton Depot.4 visualizaçõesClass 08s bite the dust at Allerton TMD on March 26th 1994. Heading the line-up were consecutive numbered 08916 & 08917. Both locomotives were the products of Horwich Works, constucted in 1962 as D4146 & D4147. Both locos were allocated to various Merseyside Depots throughout their 30 year careers, only straying away when needing works attention. Along with several other surplus 08s gathered at Allerton, Coopers Metals from Sheffield had scrapped them all by early April 1994.
IMG_0058_28Custom29~2.jpg
76010 at Reddish Depot.5 visualizaçõesClass 76 Tommy, 76010 stands at Reddish Electric Depot on August 31st 1980. The loco survived until the end of 1500v DC mainline running when the Manchester-Sheffield 'Woodhead route closed in July 1981. 76010 was built in March 1951 at Gorton Works as E26010. It was finally scrapped at Booths, Rotherham in 1983.
IMG_0007_28Custom29~3.jpg
Deltic Class 55, 55007-'Pinza' at Doncaster Works.4 visualizaçõesOn display at the hastily arranged mini open day at Doncaster Works on February 27th 1982 were all the surviving Deltics, on display for one last gathering. A work-stained 55007 looked as though someone had made a half hearted attempt at cleaning the yellow front. The loco had been named 'Pinza' after the racehorse that won the Epsom Derby and the King George VI & Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot in 1953.The loco was withdrawn from service in December 1981, completing over 20 years of ECML service.
IMG_0033_28Custom29~8.jpg
Class 25 25052 at St Blazey Depot.3 visualizaçõesIn deepest Cornwall, A tired looking Class 25, 25052 keeps company with various Departmental Wagons and a Single Unit Railcar (W55026/P126) at St Blazey Depot on an overcast 27th July 1980. It was the transfer of Class 25s from the London Midland Region in the early 1970s that brought an end to the short careers of the small Western Region Diesel Hydraulics, (NBL Class 22s & Hymeks). 25052 emerged new from Derby as D5202 in 1963 and had been a LMR allocated loco until transferred to Bristol in January 1972.

Últimos Envios - BR Blues

IMG_0099_28Large29~0.jpg
37013 at Farington Curve Junction.0 visualizações37013 trundles along the Up Slow as it approaches Farington Curve Junction whilst working the Saturday only Blackpool North to Sheffield formed of Mark 1 stock on August 13th 1983. This was a time-honoured Summer service that ran out and back on a Saturday running via East Lancashire and Copy Pit.
10 Dez, 2015
IMG_0046_28Large29.jpg
08954 at Plymouth.2 visualizaçõesWith the roof tops of Plymouth as a backdrop, 08954 was shunting parcel and mail vans at Plymouth station on July 26th 1980. This was a time-honoured scene at all major stations - now sadly consigned to history. The 08 was new from Darington Works in October 1962 numbered D4184, its first home was at Ebbw Junction (86A) and it was tranferred to Laira (84A) in May 1971.07 Nov, 2015
IMG_0044_28Large29.jpg
47033 arrives at Dawlish.1 visualizações47033 and its 6-coach train of Mark 1 coaches has emerged from Kennaway Tunnel and is running alongside a busy looking Marine Parade, as it arrives at Dawlish whilst working a Paignton to Exeter St Davids local stopping service on April 8th 1980.07 Nov, 2015
IMG_0053_28Large29.jpg
Class 45 45005 passes Dawlish Warren.2 visualizaçõesOn a rather overcast 8th April 1980, 45005 accelerates a lengthy NE/SW service made up of MkI stock on the Down through road at Dawlish Warren. With mechanical signalling and plenty of loco-hauled trains - Happy Days!02 Out, 2015

IMG_0022_28Large29.jpg
Class 25, 25221 at Wigan Springs Branch.3 visualizaçõesWithdrawn Class 25 25221 pokes out from under Warrington Road bridge at the side of Wigan Springs Branch Depot on June 30th 1984. 25221 was originally D7571, built at Derby Works in 1963, it was withdrawn in January 1984 and after lanquishing for a while at Wigan, was scrapped at Swindon Works in 1986.08 Mar, 2015
IMG_0101_28Large29.jpg
08457 at Rugby.1 visualizaçõesOn a damp May 17th 1981, 08457 spends Sunday Afternoon sheltering in one of the bay platforms under the LNWR overall roof at Rugby.08 Mar, 2015
IMG_0002_28Large29.jpg
Class 40, 40082 at Northwich Depot.6 visualizaçõesOn a damp 9th September 1984, 40082 was stabled outside Northwich Depot between duties. The loco was new from Vulcan Foundry at Newton-Le-Willows in June 1960 as D282. Its first allocation was at York (50A). It spent 13 years as an Eastern Region machine before being transferred to the London Midland Region in 1973. 40082 was withdrawn from service due to power unit damage in November 1984 and was scrapped at Crewe Works in January 1986.
01 Mar, 2015
IMG_0138_28Custom29.jpg
Class 306 EMUs at Leicester (GC).2 visualizaçõesDating from 1949, former Liverpool St-Shenfield Class 306 EMUs, 055, 033, 083 & 078 wait at the entrance to Vic Berrys Scrapyard at Leicester on July 19th 1982. The location is adjacent to the former Great Central Main Line, that last saw a passenger train in 1969 when the DMU service between Rugby and Nottingham was withdrawn. Upperton Road bridge that once spanned the extensive trackwork at this location, was demolished in 2007 - yet another bit of the infrastructure of the old GC Main Line lost forever.13 Fev, 2015

Escolha o idioma: