Martyn Hilbert's Railway Photography

Главная > BR Blues

Albums

IMG_0099_28Large29~0.jpg
Файлов: 307. Последний добавлен: Дек 10, 2015
Альбомов: 1 / Страниц: 1

Случайные файлы - BR Blues

IMG_0005_28800x53729.jpg
Class 03, 03189 at Southport.Просмотров: 7A joint BR/Steamport Museum open day at Southport on the 11th September 1982, featured a shuttle service between Southport Station and the Museum premises, hauled by Birkenhead allocated Class 03, 03189 with a 2-car Class 108 dmu.
IMG_0028_28800x49529.jpg
40067 and Class 03s at Doncaster Works.Просмотров: 540067 was sharing siding space at Doncaster Works with Class 03s, 03107, 03067 & 03168 on the 27th February 1982.
3-4-2010_017_28800x54829.jpg
Class 06, 06002 at Reading.Просмотров: 4When Class 06, 06003 was transferred from Scotland to shunt the Reading Signal Works, 06002 was also sent along to provide a source of spares. The two 06s, were at Reading Depot on the 15th November 1981.
IMG_0013_28800x51429.jpg
HST Power Car 43011 at Dawlish Warren.Просмотров: 5The changing face of the HST fleet. 43011 leads a London Paddington to Plymouth service past Dawlish Warren and its lower quadrant signals, on the 29th May 1986. The power car is still in its original Blue & Grey livery, with the trailers in InterCity 125 Executive livery.
43011 was destroyed in the accident at Ladbroke Grove in October 1999.

IMG_0009_28Custom29~9.jpg
Class 25, 25200 at Barrow-In-Furness.Просмотров: 525200 was stabled in the north facing bay at Barrow-In-Furness on September 28th 1982. Alongside in departmental use was an early LMS Brake Van.
The class 25 emerged new from Derby Works in June 1965, numbered D7550. It was in service for just over 20 years, being withdrawn in February 1986. The loco was scrapped by Vic Berry at Leicester in 1987.
IMG_0049_28Custom29~5.jpg
97653 (PWM653) at Swindon Works.Просмотров: 2A moment in time captured inside A Shop at Swindon Works on May 14th 1984. Ruston & Hornsby departmental 0-6-0 shunter, 97653 was being overhauled in the company of 08710. 97653 was built by Ruston & Hornsby, works number 431760, entering service in July 1959 numbered PWM653. The loco was one of a fleet of 5 similar machines for use with the Western Region Permanent Way Department. When new it was allocated to the p.way depot at Theale, but later moved to Reading, then Radyr. It was withdrawn in 1992.
IMG_0045_28Custom29~4.jpg
Class 306 Driving Trailer 016 at Horwich Works.Просмотров: 1Far from its home patch, a class 306 Driving Trailer from Liverpool Street - Shenfield EMU set 016 stands at the rear of Horwich Works awaiting scrapping on May 9th 1982. There were 92 three-car sets built to what was an LNER design, the first emerging in 1949. The sets were originally 1500v DC, but were converted to 25Kv AC in the 1960s.
IMG_0046_28Custom29~4.jpg
08524 at Eccles (Liverpool & Manchester 150)Просмотров: 208524 stands at Eccles with three replica Liverpool & Manchester Railway Coaches on September 14th 1980. The 08 had brought the stock from Liverpool Road Museum at Manchester, ready for the arrival of VIPs from Liverpool Lime Street, who once at Eccles would transfer to the 'old train' for the last stage of the journey to Manchester hauled by the vintage L&M locomotive 'Lion'. This was to commemorate the opening of the route between the two cities on September 15th 1830.

Последние добавления - BR Blues

IMG_0099_28Large29~0.jpg
37013 at Farington Curve Junction.Просмотров: 037013 trundles along the Up Slow as it approaches Farington Curve Junction whilst working the Saturday only Blackpool North to Sheffield formed of Mark 1 stock on August 13th 1983. This was a time-honoured Summer service that ran out and back on a Saturday running via East Lancashire and Copy Pit.
Дек 10, 2015
IMG_0046_28Large29.jpg
08954 at Plymouth.Просмотров: 2With the roof tops of Plymouth as a backdrop, 08954 was shunting parcel and mail vans at Plymouth station on July 26th 1980. This was a time-honoured scene at all major stations - now sadly consigned to history. The 08 was new from Darington Works in October 1962 numbered D4184, its first home was at Ebbw Junction (86A) and it was tranferred to Laira (84A) in May 1971.Нояб 07, 2015
IMG_0044_28Large29.jpg
47033 arrives at Dawlish.Просмотров: 147033 and its 6-coach train of Mark 1 coaches has emerged from Kennaway Tunnel and is running alongside a busy looking Marine Parade, as it arrives at Dawlish whilst working a Paignton to Exeter St Davids local stopping service on April 8th 1980.Нояб 07, 2015
IMG_0053_28Large29.jpg
Class 45 45005 passes Dawlish Warren.Просмотров: 2On a rather overcast 8th April 1980, 45005 accelerates a lengthy NE/SW service made up of MkI stock on the Down through road at Dawlish Warren. With mechanical signalling and plenty of loco-hauled trains - Happy Days!Окт 02, 2015

IMG_0022_28Large29.jpg
Class 25, 25221 at Wigan Springs Branch.Просмотров: 3Withdrawn Class 25 25221 pokes out from under Warrington Road bridge at the side of Wigan Springs Branch Depot on June 30th 1984. 25221 was originally D7571, built at Derby Works in 1963, it was withdrawn in January 1984 and after lanquishing for a while at Wigan, was scrapped at Swindon Works in 1986.Март 08, 2015
IMG_0101_28Large29.jpg
08457 at Rugby.Просмотров: 1On a damp May 17th 1981, 08457 spends Sunday Afternoon sheltering in one of the bay platforms under the LNWR overall roof at Rugby.Март 08, 2015
IMG_0002_28Large29.jpg
Class 40, 40082 at Northwich Depot.Просмотров: 6On a damp 9th September 1984, 40082 was stabled outside Northwich Depot between duties. The loco was new from Vulcan Foundry at Newton-Le-Willows in June 1960 as D282. Its first allocation was at York (50A). It spent 13 years as an Eastern Region machine before being transferred to the London Midland Region in 1973. 40082 was withdrawn from service due to power unit damage in November 1984 and was scrapped at Crewe Works in January 1986.
Март 01, 2015
IMG_0138_28Custom29.jpg
Class 306 EMUs at Leicester (GC).Просмотров: 2Dating from 1949, former Liverpool St-Shenfield Class 306 EMUs, 055, 033, 083 & 078 wait at the entrance to Vic Berrys Scrapyard at Leicester on July 19th 1982. The location is adjacent to the former Great Central Main Line, that last saw a passenger train in 1969 when the DMU service between Rugby and Nottingham was withdrawn. Upperton Road bridge that once spanned the extensive trackwork at this location, was demolished in 2007 - yet another bit of the infrastructure of the old GC Main Line lost forever.Фев 13, 2015

Выберите Ваш язык: