Martyn Hilbert's Railway Photography

Domov > BR Blues


Št. slik:307, zadnja dodana 10.12.2015
Št. albumov:1 (št. strani:1)

Naključne slike - BR Blues

76001 at Torside.št. ogledov:9Pioneer production series Class 76, 76001 passes Torside in the Longdendale Valley, as it climbs up towards Woodhead with a train of vacuum fitted 21Ton Coal Hoppers in August 1977. Built in 1950 at Gorton Works, numbered 26001, the locomotive was sent to Ilford for trials, before operating on the first electrified section of the Manchester-Sheffield line that was energised in 1952. 76001 was withdrawn from service in November 1980, Eight months before closure of the line in July 1981.
03079 at Doncaster Works.št. ogledov:5Class 03, 03079 has returned to its birthplace at Doncaster Works, for overhaul in October 1979. Built in 1960, the shunter had been allocated to North Eastern Region Depots and was a Gateshead machine when this picture was taken. Fame was still in the future for 03079, as in 1983 it migrated south to Eastleigh, before being transferred across the Solent to the Isle of Wight in April 1984. It was withdrawn from service in 1996, and was eventually preserved at the Derwent Valley Railway near York.
Class 52, D1029 at Swindon Works.št. ogledov:9Western Class 52, D1029-'Western Legionnaire' awaits its fate in the company of a condemned brake van in the scrapping area at Swindon Works in July 1977. The locomotive was built at Swindon in 1964.
Class 47, 47322 at Preston.št. ogledov:447322 stands at the North end of Platform 6 at Preston Station with a train of former 16 Ton Mineral Wagons on the 12th April 1987. The wagons had been converted for filling with spoil and spent ballast, the train here was en-route to Kirkham DCE Tip, situated at the end of truncated former Marton Direct Line that once led to Blackpool Central. The wagon behind the loco has had rectangular holes cut in the sides to prevent overloading, and has had a D prefix added to its running number B589703.

Southern Region Class 508s at Dorking.št. ogledov:7Southern Region Class 508s, 508040 & 508034 were stabled at Dorking on Sunday May 23rd 1982. Within two years the units would be transferred North to join their Class 507 sister units working on Merseyrail.
At the time of this picture, the 508s were the most modern stock running on the Southern Region suburban network, having been built at BREL York in 1980.
40093 at Reddish Electric Depot.št. ogledov:240093 keeps company with 76024, under the wires at Reddish Electric Depot on August 31st 1980. New in 1960, 40093 was withdrawn from service in December 1983 following power unit damage, and was scrapped at Doncaster Works in May 1984.
Class 08, 08285 at Worksop.št. ogledov:108285 was busy with a rake of loaded 16 ton Mineral Wagons at Worksop on April 20th 1979. The wagon next to the 08 is a vacuum fitted MCV, B574152. Compared to the adjacent wagon it almost had certainly received new bodywork. These were the twilight years of these 16 tonners in revenue earning service, many were transferred to the departmental fleet for carrying spent ballast. 08285 was new from Derby Works in June 1957 numbered 13355. It was withdrawn from service in September 1988 and scrapped in 1993.
47645 accelerates away from Preston.št. ogledov:2Trackside at Factory Lane Penwortham on a glorious summer evening, with the goods lines in the foreground, 47645 -'Robert F Fairlie' accelerates the 18.28 Blackpool North to Nottingham service along the down slow line, away from the Preston stop on June 12th 1989. The loco was new from Crewe Works in February 1965 numbered D1659, lasting in service 25 years before being withdrawn due to fire damage in February 1990. 47645 was scrapped by MC Metals at Glasgow in April 1992.

Najnovejše slike - BR Blues

37013 at Farington Curve Junction.št. ogledov:037013 trundles along the Up Slow as it approaches Farington Curve Junction whilst working the Saturday only Blackpool North to Sheffield formed of Mark 1 stock on August 13th 1983. This was a time-honoured Summer service that ran out and back on a Saturday running via East Lancashire and Copy Pit.
08954 at Plymouth.št. ogledov:2With the roof tops of Plymouth as a backdrop, 08954 was shunting parcel and mail vans at Plymouth station on July 26th 1980. This was a time-honoured scene at all major stations - now sadly consigned to history. The 08 was new from Darington Works in October 1962 numbered D4184, its first home was at Ebbw Junction (86A) and it was tranferred to Laira (84A) in May 1971.07.11.2015
47033 arrives at Dawlish.št. ogledov:147033 and its 6-coach train of Mark 1 coaches has emerged from Kennaway Tunnel and is running alongside a busy looking Marine Parade, as it arrives at Dawlish whilst working a Paignton to Exeter St Davids local stopping service on April 8th 1980.07.11.2015
Class 45 45005 passes Dawlish Warren.št. ogledov:2On a rather overcast 8th April 1980, 45005 accelerates a lengthy NE/SW service made up of MkI stock on the Down through road at Dawlish Warren. With mechanical signalling and plenty of loco-hauled trains - Happy Days!02.10.2015

Class 25, 25221 at Wigan Springs Branch.št. ogledov:3Withdrawn Class 25 25221 pokes out from under Warrington Road bridge at the side of Wigan Springs Branch Depot on June 30th 1984. 25221 was originally D7571, built at Derby Works in 1963, it was withdrawn in January 1984 and after lanquishing for a while at Wigan, was scrapped at Swindon Works in 1986.08.03.2015
08457 at Rugby.št. ogledov:1On a damp May 17th 1981, 08457 spends Sunday Afternoon sheltering in one of the bay platforms under the LNWR overall roof at Rugby.08.03.2015
Class 40, 40082 at Northwich Depot.št. ogledov:6On a damp 9th September 1984, 40082 was stabled outside Northwich Depot between duties. The loco was new from Vulcan Foundry at Newton-Le-Willows in June 1960 as D282. Its first allocation was at York (50A). It spent 13 years as an Eastern Region machine before being transferred to the London Midland Region in 1973. 40082 was withdrawn from service due to power unit damage in November 1984 and was scrapped at Crewe Works in January 1986.
Class 306 EMUs at Leicester (GC).št. ogledov:2Dating from 1949, former Liverpool St-Shenfield Class 306 EMUs, 055, 033, 083 & 078 wait at the entrance to Vic Berrys Scrapyard at Leicester on July 19th 1982. The location is adjacent to the former Great Central Main Line, that last saw a passenger train in 1969 when the DMU service between Rugby and Nottingham was withdrawn. Upperton Road bridge that once spanned the extensive trackwork at this location, was demolished in 2007 - yet another bit of the infrastructure of the old GC Main Line lost forever.13.02.2015

Izberi jezik: