Martyn Hilbert's Railway Photography

Inicio > BR Blues

Albums

IMG_0099_28Large29~0.jpg
307 archivo(s), último añadido el 10 de Diciembre de 2015
1 álbumes en 1 página(s)

Ficheros al azar - BR Blues

IMG_0018_28800x48129.jpg
47500 at Conway.vista 6 vecesWith Conway Castle as a backdrop, 47500-'Great Western', toils away from the Llandudno Junction stop with a London Euston to Holyhead service in July 1979. The train is about to enter the now unique tubular bridge, designed by Robert Stephenson.
IMG_0006_28Custom29.jpg
40106 at Reddish Electric Depot.vista 7 vecesWhen 40106 was the last operational green liveried Class 40 in 1978, the loco entered Crewe Works for an overhaul and repaint, it should have emerged in rail blue, but to everyones amazement it was given a repaint in BR green. The loco was stabled at Reddish Electric Depot on the 12th July 1981, surrounded by soon to be made redundant class 76 Tommies, closure of the Woodhead route was only a week away. The class 40 was built at the Robert Stephensons & Hawthorns Works at Darlington in 1960, numbered D306.
IMG_0107_28Custom29.jpg
Class 101 3-Car DMU at Dawlish.vista 4 vecesA Metro-Cam Class 101 3-Car DMU, with 51219 leading, departs from Dawlish with an evening Exeter St Davids to Paignton all-stations service on the 31st May 1989.
IMG_0085_28Custom29~2.jpg
Class 25, 25188 at Horwich Works.vista 3 veces25188 stands at the South end of the former Locomotive Erecting Shop at Horwich Works, during the Works Open Day on August 16th 1980. Alongside is stripped Mark 1 Restaurant First Open Coach, 1025. Stripping and conversion of Mark 1 Coaches for departmental use was one of the jobs that was keeping the works busy. To the right of the Erecting Shop, where the compressor was located, used to be the site of the small loco shed which was home to the 18" gauge locos used on the works internal system.

IMG_0080_28Custom29~0.jpg
40032 arrives at York.vista 3 vecesClass 40, 40032 arrives at York with a Newcastle to London Kings Cross relief service formed of Mark 1 stock on September 15th 1978.
The loco emerged new from Vulcan Foundry in September 1959 numbered D232. It was named 'Empress of Canada' in April 1961. By the time this picture was taken in 1978 the nameplates had been removed and the position was marked on the bodyside by protruding bolt heads. 40032 was withdrawn from service in February 1981 and was scrapped at Swindon in 1983.
IMG_0049_28Custom29~5.jpg
97653 (PWM653) at Swindon Works.vista 2 vecesA moment in time captured inside A Shop at Swindon Works on May 14th 1984. Ruston & Hornsby departmental 0-6-0 shunter, 97653 was being overhauled in the company of 08710. 97653 was built by Ruston & Hornsby, works number 431760, entering service in July 1959 numbered PWM653. The loco was one of a fleet of 5 similar machines for use with the Western Region Permanent Way Department. When new it was allocated to the p.way depot at Theale, but later moved to Reading, then Radyr. It was withdrawn in 1992.
IMG_0048_28Custom29~1.jpg
Class 116 DMU at Kentish Town.vista 1 vecesMinus its centre trailer, a reformed 2-Car Class 116 Derby Suburban DMU, formed of cars M50054 & M50075 stand at a very dilapidated looking Kentish Town after arrival from Barking on September 20th 1980. The Assembly House public house dominates the skyline here.
IMG_0138_28Custom29.jpg
Class 306 EMUs at Leicester (GC).vista 2 vecesDating from 1949, former Liverpool St-Shenfield Class 306 EMUs, 055, 033, 083 & 078 wait at the entrance to Vic Berrys Scrapyard at Leicester on July 19th 1982. The location is adjacent to the former Great Central Main Line, that last saw a passenger train in 1969 when the DMU service between Rugby and Nottingham was withdrawn. Upperton Road bridge that once spanned the extensive trackwork at this location, was demolished in 2007 - yet another bit of the infrastructure of the old GC Main Line lost forever.

Últimas subidas - BR Blues

IMG_0099_28Large29~0.jpg
37013 at Farington Curve Junction.vista 0 veces37013 trundles along the Up Slow as it approaches Farington Curve Junction whilst working the Saturday only Blackpool North to Sheffield formed of Mark 1 stock on August 13th 1983. This was a time-honoured Summer service that ran out and back on a Saturday running via East Lancashire and Copy Pit.
10 de Diciembre de 2015
IMG_0046_28Large29.jpg
08954 at Plymouth.vista 2 vecesWith the roof tops of Plymouth as a backdrop, 08954 was shunting parcel and mail vans at Plymouth station on July 26th 1980. This was a time-honoured scene at all major stations - now sadly consigned to history. The 08 was new from Darington Works in October 1962 numbered D4184, its first home was at Ebbw Junction (86A) and it was tranferred to Laira (84A) in May 1971.07 de Noviembre de 2015
IMG_0044_28Large29.jpg
47033 arrives at Dawlish.vista 1 veces47033 and its 6-coach train of Mark 1 coaches has emerged from Kennaway Tunnel and is running alongside a busy looking Marine Parade, as it arrives at Dawlish whilst working a Paignton to Exeter St Davids local stopping service on April 8th 1980.07 de Noviembre de 2015
IMG_0053_28Large29.jpg
Class 45 45005 passes Dawlish Warren.vista 2 vecesOn a rather overcast 8th April 1980, 45005 accelerates a lengthy NE/SW service made up of MkI stock on the Down through road at Dawlish Warren. With mechanical signalling and plenty of loco-hauled trains - Happy Days!02 de Octubre de 2015

IMG_0022_28Large29.jpg
Class 25, 25221 at Wigan Springs Branch.vista 3 vecesWithdrawn Class 25 25221 pokes out from under Warrington Road bridge at the side of Wigan Springs Branch Depot on June 30th 1984. 25221 was originally D7571, built at Derby Works in 1963, it was withdrawn in January 1984 and after lanquishing for a while at Wigan, was scrapped at Swindon Works in 1986.08 de Marzo de 2015
IMG_0101_28Large29.jpg
08457 at Rugby.vista 1 vecesOn a damp May 17th 1981, 08457 spends Sunday Afternoon sheltering in one of the bay platforms under the LNWR overall roof at Rugby.08 de Marzo de 2015
IMG_0002_28Large29.jpg
Class 40, 40082 at Northwich Depot.vista 6 vecesOn a damp 9th September 1984, 40082 was stabled outside Northwich Depot between duties. The loco was new from Vulcan Foundry at Newton-Le-Willows in June 1960 as D282. Its first allocation was at York (50A). It spent 13 years as an Eastern Region machine before being transferred to the London Midland Region in 1973. 40082 was withdrawn from service due to power unit damage in November 1984 and was scrapped at Crewe Works in January 1986.
01 de Marzo de 2015
IMG_0138_28Custom29.jpg
Class 306 EMUs at Leicester (GC).vista 2 vecesDating from 1949, former Liverpool St-Shenfield Class 306 EMUs, 055, 033, 083 & 078 wait at the entrance to Vic Berrys Scrapyard at Leicester on July 19th 1982. The location is adjacent to the former Great Central Main Line, that last saw a passenger train in 1969 when the DMU service between Rugby and Nottingham was withdrawn. Upperton Road bridge that once spanned the extensive trackwork at this location, was demolished in 2007 - yet another bit of the infrastructure of the old GC Main Line lost forever.13 de Febrero de 2015

Elige idioma: